About Nantes and the Region
The conference also aims at giving you a great stay in Nantes quoted as being one of the nicest cities in France. Nantes is also famous for being a rich, lively and innovative city (1st green city 2nd most successful city in terms of employment growth).
There are some beautiful areas around Nantes: La Baule and its beautiful beaches, some typical places such as Nantes vineyards and Erdre river.
Nantes is also a very pleasant town with a lot of streets to go and do shopping and visit the famous Château des Ducs de Bretagne.
There are also not very far from Nantes, some beautiful castles to visit (e.g. Angers, Brissac, Le Plessis Bouré, Goulaine ….) and of course Loire Valley with famous Kings of France castles which is located at about 2 hours from Nantes if participants have time during the week-end and if they are very fond of French history.
Here, you will discover the things to do in Nantes
Find here the best gastronomic addresses in the city, its agglomeration and the vineyard.
Download here the tourist guide for an endless journey in Nantes
Download here Nantes city map
How to reach Nantes
Train station: Gare SNCF Nantes
- 2 hours away from Paris Montparnasse
- 24 TGV trains from Paris to Nantes every day
- 3 hours from Paris Roissy CDG – 8 TGV trains per day
- Direct TGV trains to: Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Strasbourg, Paris, etc.
Airport: Nantes Atlantique
- 1 Hour from Paris and London
- 4 daily return flights to Roissy CDG
- 3 daily return flights to Orly airport
- All major European cities within a 2-hour flight
- 75 National and International destinations with return flight
By Road (Expressway):
To the East: Paris – A1 Motorway
To the South: Bordeaux and Toulouse – A83 Motorway
To the West: Brest – N165/E60
To the North: Rennes – N137